Friday, March 12, 2010

How to use a flat iron hair straightener?

I have wavy hair and it's at different lengths. The hair on the sides and back are shorter than the hair on top and in front. The hair on my sides go right beneath my ear lobes. The hair on the back is up off the neck but is about a few cm's further down from the bottom of the ear lobes. The hair up front falls beneath my eyebrows and into my eyes about 2 cm.





I would like to try straightening my hair to see if I can't look better for formal outings. When I just was h and condition...when it dries it has a tendency to arc and flip out away from my head. My hair also likes to poof when it is completely dry.





I heard from a friend of mine that I need to use mousse; but I do not have any. Is there a substitute that I can use for mousse? or do I need to wait till I have some?How to use a flat iron hair straightener?
A flat iron is a hair strightner ?How to use a flat iron hair straightener?
you dont have to use mousse, you can do it right over clean hair (no product added at all)


i have very very curly hair so what i do is wash my hair the night before, braid it, so it doesn't get notty and straigten with the iron over dry hair, and use a good conditioner bc your hair will be silky smooth, if you use mousse while straigtening it will burn your hair and it will look dull
blow dry it straight and then straighten it... it works fro me..
Do not use mousse, it will dry out your hair, and when you flat iron it, it will burn and make your hair frizzy.





Buy a smoothing serum that you can apply after your shower (while your hair is still wet). Right before you start straightening, apply a heat protector. It will lock the moisture you have into your hair, and your hair will be shinier, and it will stay straight until you decide to wash it.





As far as straightening goes, start at the bottom in the back, and tie the rest up. Take small sections (just enough so that you can hold it with two flat fingers, similar to the way hairdressers hold your hair when cutting it) and slowly drag the straightener down from root to tip.





Depending on the straightener, it may or may not have a comb on the sides of the hot plates, but I suggest holding a comb in front of the straightener as you straighten. It will make straightening faster, and also get rid of any frizz.
no.use a straightner. take small strands of your hair and put it between the two hot plates and press them together and pull down the strand.watch though your hair will be hot,
well, i have curly hair but when i wash it it stays so freaky so i wash it at night so in the morning it'll stay cool. like sometimes i have to go to a special occasion i wash my hair one day before the occasion and when the day comes my hair doesn't get freaky or sometimes i curl it with an hair iron.
Well to help with the poof when it is dry mousse will definitely help. i always put it in wet.. with a little hair spray and just let to hair dry. As for your straightener issue...you can go to to walmart, meijers, kmart kind of place and just get a cheap one. by cheap i mean about $10. its your first one and you dont want to spend a bunch of money. plus the one by connair is a good cheap one. ( with the removal plates.. i used that one for years). your also going to want to get some gloss drops helps put some shine in your hair.





how i straightened my hair. after you wash your hair i use the cheap off brand of paul mitchell its called straight works, but you dont have to. next i blow dry my hair completely ( others do or dont depends on your hair..) then you brush it out really good. then you take small sections and when the flat iron is warmed up you pull it threw the dirrerent sections. if the sections are bigger you may have to pull it threw a few times. when you done you use very little of the gloss drops i mean very little..and i always put it at the ends and a tiny bit threw the rest of my hair to help with fly aways. if you use to much your hair is really greasy! Hope this helps.. and just remember just start playing with your hair..you may come up with an awesome do!..
You might want to try the rotating hair straightener called instyler.

No comments:

Post a Comment