Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What kind of flat iron/hair straightener that doesnt damage your hair?

I dont really have a budget go anything as long as its good, last long and wont damage your hair.


i heard that CHI is good but i also heard that it breaks down really fast.


thankxWhat kind of flat iron/hair straightener that doesnt damage your hair?
kstyler.com.


you wont regret it.What kind of flat iron/hair straightener that doesnt damage your hair?
Don't get ceramic. They damage your hair. Tourmaline are actually GOOD for you hair, they defrizz and smooth, and somehow, they hydrate. But please, please, do not buy a flat iron from a a drugstore/supermarket, even if they say tourmaline, they're probably lying. Tourmaline is a gem. Most drugstore/supermarket flat irons aren't even real ceramic either. They're painted, and after a few uses, the paint peels off. Get your flat iron from your hair dresser, at a salon, or a beauty supply store. CONAIR is a very bad choice for flat irons. They pull your hair. :/ And it hurts!





And yes, always use a heat protective spray before straightening your hair!
As a stylist, I have used a lot of flat irons/hair straighteners, including Sedu, Hai, Infrashine, Chi, Paul Mitchell, Solia, Big Sexy, Andis, Babyliss Ghd, T3, Kenta etc. You should get a Professional hair straightener, they style much better and faster, and most importantly, they protect your hair.





In terms of performance:





The best ones are: Sedu, Kenta, Solia, Infrashine, Ghd. These are top of the line professional brands





Above average: Chi, Hai, Paul Mitchell,





Average: T3, Big Sexy, Andis, Babyliss





Below Average: Conair, Vidal Sassoon, Revlon, Bed Head etc. These are cheap consumer brands that you will find in drugstore. If you care about your hair, do NOT buy them.





=== Flat Iron Hair Straighteners FAQ ======





Q: What size should I choose?





A: For most people, 1';, 1-1/4'; or 1.5'; are all good choices. If you have very thick, coarse, long or ethic hair, bigger size (1.5'; or 2';) will save you some time. If you have thin, fine hair, get a smaller one (1'; or 3/4';).





Q: What temperature should I should on my hair?





A: Based on my expereince, 380F is the average temperature to use. If you hair is thick and coarse, bump it up a bit, if you hair is fine or overprocessed, start it at somewhere 300F, and try it. If the setting does not work well for you, increase a bit until you get a setting that works well for you but does not burn your hair. Trial and error.





=== Helpful Flat Iron Instruction Video ====





How to Curl Hair With Straightener





http://youtube.com/watch?v=GfoihBOzP1I





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWscTQm6L鈥?/a>





http://youtube.com/watch?v=EQzOYXq14a8





http://www.folica.com/info/curl-hair-fla鈥?/a>





http://videojug.com/film/how-to-curl-hai鈥?/a>





How to Use a Flat Iron





http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ov7NWAWPbzk





How to Add Volume to Your Hair:





http://youtube.com/watch?v=aCyLM_kuuJ0





How to Create Sexy Waves with a Flat Iron





http://youtube.com/watch?v=K7_Olhlb2js





How to Flip your Hair:





http://youtube.com/watch?v=PWgsd1qMCU4
All flat irons damage your hair b/c they use heat. You should ALWAYS use a heat protectant spray. Sooo many girls overlook that and their hair gets damaged.





I have a GHD, but that's not really in your budget. I know there's this other flat iron called T3. You can get one from Sephora.
Well i use a wet 2 straight but i never use it when my hair is wet. then every night when i get out of the shower i spray in liquid leave in conditioner then go to bed. then i wake up and straighten!





hope this helps
I have a T3 tourmaline mini.


My hair has no heat damage and it says it was best pick by allure magazine.





I had a chi, but this works better. and yes, chis are easy to break.
All heat products will damage your hair. I have a CHI and I love it, I've had it for a long time too. The Dove and Tresemme heat protectant spray help alot.



Braun Satin is the best ceramic Straightener from braun here it is picture


http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:Piig鈥?/a>



All straightners damage hair. Get a Heat Protector, It'll help save your hair from most damage.
Whatever you do dont use conair. Your hair will turn orange if you use it. Big hot and orange. If you know what I'm saying.
all straightener damages hair....ALL of them
DO NOT GET CONAIR INSTANT HEAT.





It fries your hair, and makes fires.






Well, you're never gonna find a flat iron that won't damage your hair, however I have a 1'; RUSK ceramic flat iron. It's the best iron I've ever had. Way better than my sister's CHI. She got her's for Christmas. Her hair is longer than mine, but only because I cut mine. My sister's hair isn't as healthy as it used to be, but I don't think it's all the CHI's fault. I personally just don't like it.





I got my RUSK for my birthday a year ago and it's still in perfect condition. The only thing I would tell you is.





1) Make sure your flat iron is clean before you use it. When you flat iron, you squeeze the hair between the plates, so hair serum/product leave gunky residue on you flat iron. This makes you hair harder to straighten if you don't clean it, and it will make your hair stink like burnt fries. Clean it with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip, or buy cleaning solution from folica.com





2) Use a heat protectant and blow dry your hair before you flat iron. I know it's a lot of heat, but if you let it 90% air dry, then blow dry it, you can use the flat iron on the lowest heat setting and get it smooth. This is called silkening. I learned if from my hair dresser. I blow dry with Proclaim setting lotion, and it gets my hair crazy straight. Some people think I'm mixed because my roots are so straight and I haven't had a perm in months. You should make your blow dryer do all the ';straightening'; work. A flat iron just gets your hair silky, so try to use if for that. CreoleInDC has a great silkening tutorial on Youtube. She uses a curling iron, but you can still use a flat iron. her blog at monicamingo.com is good to. I don't know if you have black hair or not, but I use my methods on my white friends and they love my tecnique.





3) Make sure you hair section is as big as your flat iron. If you have a lot of hair, just buy a bigger flat iron. It is a pain to use the 1';. I have a thin layered, medium length bob, so I use the 1'; and straightening takes 15 min. Always make sure the piece of hair you straigthen matches the length of the iron. If you have a 1'; iron, grab a section of hair that is long enough to fit on the plates, and thin enough to get straight. The same goes for a 2';. The 2'; rusk is also good. My mother and sister have that. I use those in a pinch if I only have 6 min for my hair.





4) 1'; irons are more versatile. My 1'; iron doubles a my curling iron and straighter. I use it on 130 degrees after blow drying and it gets my curly roots super silky.





5) ALWAYS use a heat protectant. Anything that has alcohol denat or the kind that smells like rubbing alcohol will dry out your hair, then the heat will more. Read the ingrediants on the hair products like the nutrition facts on food. If it's got bad ingredients in the first 5 parts of the ingredients list DO NOT BUY IT. If the flat iron heat doesn't damage your hair, the product will make it. Try John Frieda frizz ease serum in the gold bottle. I think it's called thermal something. I don't remember.








That's all I know. Have fun straightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment