Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What's the best flat iron (hair straightener)?

For african american hair?





If you can't answer that, what do you think is the best quality one?





Have you tried it, and most importantly, where can I get, and the price range.





Thank you.What's the best flat iron (hair straightener)?
Definetly a CHI. It cost $129 at and it comes with a one year warrenty. I got mine on sale for $99 at a JC Penny. It is ceramic and is less damaging for your hair. This is what I do, I shampoo and condition my hair. Since I use heat on my hair I use an extra conditioner (I use Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment) and leave it in my hair for 15 mins. and then wash it out. I then apply CHI silk infusion to my hair evenly (just a dime or nickel size amount depending on how long your hair is) and then I blowdry my hair straight. After blowdrying I once again apply ANOTHER dime or nickel sized amount of CHI Silk Infusion to my hair (don't worry cause this stuff is not greasy). Next, I section my hair and begin straightening my hair a few strands at a time. VERY IMPORTANT I always spray my strands with 1.) Motions Heat Seeker Protecting Spray (or Aveda Brilliant Damage Control), 2.) Isoplus Oil Sheen, and 3.) Smooth n Shine Polishing Spray. It sounds like a lot, but just spray all three very lightly to protect your hair from the heat and to keep it conditioned. Especially if you have a relaxer. When you put the CHI in your hair to straighten it, turn it a little at the end like a curling iron and it gives your hair a nice little flip and a natural move to it. When done, your hair will come out really silky like from the salon. Make sure you wrap your hair up every night with a satin scarf and clip your ends every 4 to 6 weeks and grease your scalp. Good luck!What's the best flat iron (hair straightener)?
Chi is the best, I love it, works really fast and has so far lasted a year no probs, I paid 130.00 dollars, you could check ebay too. I bought mine at Regis.
I use the ';wet to straight'; and its cheap and works really great. I love it !
conair
Chi, thats what i have. They are usually pretty expensive, but I got the chi turbo on ebay for like 70 dollars.
I have pretty thick, curly hair and I use Jilberes Tourmaline straightener with the red plates. It is about $70, but you can find it cheaper at Sally's Beauty Supply $45-$60. A lot people love Chi. It can be purchased at Target now for $120. However, it is the Paul Mitchell that you would probably want. It's an amazing straightener. It's expensive about $170, so I only have used it at my hair stylist's, but it is awesome. Definitely better than even Chi, I think.
ceramic by cricket price varies on size. try sallys.com for variations
one that gets hot and works.
Cermaics are really great they go for about 50 bucks! Best ones are in the states
i think max brush is the best, but its quite good expensive, and if u want a bit cheap then its conair and if u want more more cheap then u can go for scarlet hair crimper
I personally use a True Ceramic Pro.. i Love it!!! it's about $120. It heats up in like 20 seconds.. it works amazing!!





I also use a Miracle Mist (Alberto/V05) on my hair before hand!!





Best of luck for whichever product you buy!!
Use an ionic flat iron. It will not curl back easly.


Solia makes a Tourmaline Ceramic Ionic Flat Iron.


According to the Solia flat iron website, ';tourmaline,


a precious stone, is used to generate up to 6 times more


negative ions than traditional ceramic irons';.( $75/85)





* Solia Hairstyling - how to style %26amp; straighten hair


http://homebeautytips.blogspot.com/2007/鈥?/a>





--------------------------------------鈥?br>

The CHI Nano Ceramic Flat Iron is the latest


in advanced technology with


a pure ceramic heater combined with the


NEW ';Nano Silver Technology';.


';Nano Silver Technology'; is a health


system which works to eliminate bacteria


from appliances to promote a germ-free


zone of protection for your health and safety.


This high tech flat iron utilizes Ceramic


Technology, Negative Ions, Far Infrared,


and Nano silver technology to sterilize


bacteria. Now you can curl, flip, twist,


twirl, straighten and sterilize.





CHI Nano Technology 1'; Ceramic Flat Iron


From CHI


Price: $220.00


http://astore.amazon.com/beautycare-20/d鈥?/a>
if you go to your nearest chemists they should be able to advice you. They did me this is basically what they said....


its best not to spent the most amount of money as there will probably be a better one out soon so theres not much point


in my personal opinion its best to stay away from wet to straight straighteners as they can dry your hair out, straighteners which heat up to very high temperatures can also do this.


the ones i have at the moment i think are good, they're the babyliss pro-230, they heat up to 230 degrees but this can be altered using a dial, and have tourmaline ceramic plates


hope some of that helps
chi is best
Definitely the Chi! %26lt;3


However it's pricey, but worth it.
I will have to agree with everyone on this posting. The Chi is by far the best iron out there right now. There is a newer one (which I believe is red) that doesn't work as well. My friend had it and my hair kept getting stuck in it because of the velvet covering which is like a sticker, and breaking off.





The original Chi (which is black) is the best one because it doesn't break your hair, it heats up fast (at a high temperature) and is QUICK. You can literally straighten and go. The price is about 130-150 bucks, but well worth the money. It even comes with a complimentary one year warranty.





I used to also have the T3 straighterer, but I wasn't as big of a fan. It's definitely a high quality ';starter'; straightener, that runs around $160 dollars (with one year warranty), but not as efficient as the chi. If your hair has a slight wave, I would surely go for this one (because you can adjust the degree heat settings, while with the Chi you cannot), but if it's more on the curly side (like mine), definitely the chi.





I hope this helped!
  • cream solution
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment