Friday, March 12, 2010

Question for people who use a flat iron/hair straightener?

Ok I use a Chi and after while I can smell my hair and it smells very burnt and stinky after I straighten it.


No I don't over straighten it but ever since I started using a Chi it really has a fried scent to it.


What can I do about this?


Don't say stop using a Chi because I just spend tons on it and it works my hair just has a bad odor after I flat iron it and yes I shampoo and condition.


Should I spray like body spray on it or what!?Question for people who use a flat iron/hair straightener?
I use the Chi too you should use syrum its what your suppose to wear after you just put it on your hair and it smells better and it makes your hair healthy and gives you less of a chance to get split ends.Question for people who use a flat iron/hair straightener?
If your really concered about how it smells then id say yeahh spray some stuff on it.


maybe like a scented hair spray or somethin like that =]
umm i would say maybe get the flat iron spray that they have its supposed to keep your hair healthier and get your hair straighter and shinier...personally i don't use it because i think my hair straightens better without it but it might work for you
I spray a lil bit of perfume on my hair sometimes, Does your straighter have a setting so you can put it on low heat or meduim ?
there are special sprays and creams wich you can buy to protect your hair from iron damage


Your iron is probably too hot and it's killing your hair


If you cant change the temperature on your iron you should get a different one
Did you just buy the chi? If so, it is normal to have an odor and even smoke the first few times you use it. That will eventually stop with use. Also, are you using any heavy products on your hair prior to straightening it? You should shampoo and condition and then blow dry your hair (unless it is a chi wet-to-dry). After it's dry, you should apply a thermal protective spray and flat iron it. Save all other products, including hairspray, until after you are done with the iron, otherwise you could cause that ';fried'; smell.





Good Luck!
I usually just spray a little hairspray in the palms of my hands and run it through my hair, it makes it smell good and keeps fly aways tamed too. Hope this helps!





=]
There is Chi Spray that you can get so your hair does not get damaged and also it makes your hair smell nicer.
I use Chi too and I know exactly what you mean. First thing you need to make sure that you have some sort of product in your hair (i.e. mousse, straightening gel). This will help protect your hair from the heat damage. Secondly, most straighteners have some sort of dial to change how hot the thing gets. Make sure that this is not on high. The high setting is for people with extremely coarse, and curly hair. Turn this dial to the middle or set it to medium. That is what I do and it prevents the stinky smell and the frying of the hair. I love Chi and I hope this info helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment